Eurocode 5 - Intro to Eurocodes
What are Eurocodes? What is Eurocode 5?
Structural Eurocodes are recognised as being a significant change from the established design codes Engineers have familiarity with. Is the change so much of a difference or is a fear of the unknown?
To help experienced engineers understand the application of these new structural design codes 2 half day CPD programmes are proposed by the school of the Built and Natural Environment at Glasgow Caledonian University.
Eurocode 5 training teaches you...
- Explore BSEN1995 Design of Timber Structures,
- Explore the grades of timber as defined in BSEN338
- Samples of designing simple beams and an overview of columns including allowances for buckling.
- Determining the various design factors to be applied including the effects of notching on shear resistance.
- Determining deformation limits for timber beams including the secondary effects of horizontal shear stresses.
- Consideration of fire resistance of timber elements.
Recommended training before the Eurocode 5 course
It is recommended that those attending have experience in designing structures to BS5950, BS5368 and BS8110, or BS5400.
Speaker : Martin Cullen